Friday, June 01, 2007

House work Stinks! Collage....Wednesday Stamper theme DOORS

Boy can I ever relate LOL! Housework is not my favorite thing to do LOL!!I started out with a vintage photo and a rough idea of a heart within a door...

The painted background is on artists matt board with stamping into wet paint for texture...I turned the photo into a house shape... collaged with found ephemera and then hand painted the flowers and clouds...
I didn't quite plan it that way but it turned out to be a Claudine Hellmuth style collage :0)
Hope you like it!


13 comments:

Apollox said...

Yes I like it, very nice!

Maggie Ann said...

What a fun collage...=). I like the city in the background too.

Viola said...

Very, very beautiful!!

johanna said...

i love that style of collage! wonderful!

Barbara said...

Fun idea

Dymphie said...

Fun fun collage! Most of us will relate to that quote, at least i do :-)

stamp and scrape said...

I also like the collaging, and the city in the distance.
Ros

Sanja said...

beautiful collage!!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful collage! I love it! GREAT JOB!
*HUGS*

Gillian .... said...

great collage, lovely background detail, its almost like the lost city showing through, great work

Cora said...

A fun collage! I think housework stinks too.

Gillian said...

Oh what a Wonderful collage.. love it!

Rika said...

Beautiful collage!