Friday, May 12, 2006

When I grow up I want to be an artist

ambers-altered-art

When I was a little girl they tell me I was a dreamer...I spent most of my childhood outside playing the daylight hours away...
My mother had a rock courtyard garden edged in all kinds of delicate roses and that was one of my favorite places to visit and dream...It was there that my heart shut out all the traffic noises and only heard the beautiful call of the swallows and the hum of the bees...interacting with the tiniest details in nature...
In our backyard we also had a gigantic willow tree... It's leaves rustling with the wind...it's branches covering me and protecting me in my imagined adventures...
These were the seeds that were planted in my heart... I only need remember these wonderful memories of childhood and I am transported there once again...
Art makes me feel much in the same way...I love creating art in its many forms...interacting with the tiniest details... when I grow up I want to be an artist!!!

No comments: